Wednesday 7 September 2011

Derry: Barton and Taarabt together is going to mean fireworks


Shaun Derry
Shaun Derry admits he can't wait to see how Joey Barton and Adel Taarabt react to each other in the coming weeks.
Barton moved to Loftus Road on a free transfer from Newcastle last month and looks set to form an intriguing midfield partnership with temperamental Moroccan Taarabt.
And Derry confesses he will be as fascinated as the rest of us to how things pan out.
The 33-year-old midfielder told QPR Podcast, 'Open All R's': "At times I'm going to buy some popcorn and watch the movie unravel, because I'm sure there's going to be fireworks, like there is in any dressing room.
"A lot of people are going to make so much of this Barton and Taarabt situation, but we're hopeful it can blossom and there's an understanding there.
Derry played a huge part in QPR's promotion last season but admits he may have to relinquish his place in the R's starting line-up to new boy Barton.
"As soon as the season ended last year, Neil Warnock was very honest with me and told me he would be getting more players in my position.
"Joey's come in and, if it's Joey in that position, that's the game. I'm not going to moan about it because I love my job."

No comments:

Post a Comment