Monday 10 October 2011

Taarabt happy with return


Image text here

Queens Park Rangers star Adel Taarabt revealed his delighted after helping Morocco to the African Cup of Nations on his international return.
Taarabt had been at loggerheads with coach Eric Gerets, but he was recalled for their clash with Tanzania.
And on his return he fired home a brilliant free-kick in their 3-1 win - which booked their spot in next year's finals.
"I am very happy," Taarabt told skysports.com.
"You saw how I celebrated the goal with coach Eric Gerets, who has been very understanding with me.
"I dedicate that goal to him, he gave me another chance to show my worth to my country and I am very proud of that."
Taarabt now feels Morocco have a great chance of winning in Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, especially as the likes of Egypt, Cameroon, Nigeria, South Africa and Algeria all failing to qualify.
"We are going to the competition [ACN] with confidence with so many big teams absent I think we have a great chance," said Taaraby.
"The only outstanding team there is Ghana, the Ivory Coast have the outstanding individuals, on their day they will beat each one of us, but we have our chances."

No comments:

Post a Comment